Based in Cape Town, South Africa
7 October 2014
Windows / Mac / Linux
Have you ever wondered about what happens to all those monsters after the brutish adventurer has finished beating them up? They don’t just disappear. No, they end up in the hospital like everyone else!
Monsters and Medicine is a puzzle game where adaptation is key; players try to build and expand their own hospital while injured monsters are knocking at the door, in need of treatment.
Monsters and Medicine is the first commercial game developed by Clockwork Acorn. It initially launched on the Humble store and was a definite learning process for the company. Now that we have matured and learned so much more, we felt that the game deserved a fresh coat of paint for its Steam launch. We’ve spent some time in 2016 and 2017 working with collaborators to do a complete art and music overall as well as some general updates to the game, and we’re excited to reintroduce it to the world at large.
- Easy-to-learn but difficult-to-master gameplay.
- Quirky art style with monsters you’ll learn to love.
- 100 hand-crafted replayable levels.
- Unlockable endless mode with randomly generated levels - play forever!
Logo & Icon
- "It's a fun, absorbing experience with a lot of replayability, great music and cuddly visuals."
- Delano, "Monsters & Medicine", NAG Magazine, December 2014
- "Clockwork Acorn bring us Monsters & Medicine, a turn-based strategy title that reminds us that even monsters need a little care and attention sometimes."
- Satori Tindalos, "Review: Monsters & Medicine", JayIsGames, October 2014
- "Beneath its cute graphics and harmless, friendly looking monsters, lurks a game about ruthless efficiency."
- Garth Holden, "Review: Monsters & Medicine – Save the creeps!", SAGamer, October 2014
- "It's a neat little puzzle game that has its own charm."
- Matthew Figueira, "Monsters and Medicine review: cute and puzzling", LazyGamer, October 2014
- "Monsters and Medicine, overall, ends up being a solid, reasonably-scoped offering"
- Rodain Joubert, home_coded - "Of clockwork and medicine", NAG Magazine, August 2014
- "I think overall it's just a really good game as of right now, and I'm excited to see what happens with it."
- IndieGeek, IndieGeek Looks At: Monsters and Medicine (12:04)
- "Monsters and Medicine is fun, it's a nice little game to play on the side."
- SwashbucklingSir, Monsters & Medicine Peek (Sort of Review) (12:30)
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Clockwork Acorn allows for the contents of Monsters and Medicine to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Monsters and Medicine is legally & explicitly allowed by Clockwork Acorn. This permission can be found in writing at http://clockworkacorn.com/press/sheet.php?p=monsters_and_medicine.
You can play the demo online at clockworkacorn.com.
Buy Monsters and Medicine at store.steampowered.com.
Buy Monsters and Medicine at humblebundle.com.
About Clockwork Acorn
Clockwork Acorn is an interactive software development studio, based in Cape Town, South Africa, but working with collaborators all around the world, to make games and other interactive software.
More information on Clockwork Acorn, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Monsters and Medicine Credits
Leon van Niekerk
Business & Development, Clockwork Acorn
Francois van Niekerk
Art & Development, Clockwork Acorn
Development, Clockwork Acorn
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks