Based in Cape Town, South Africa
7 October 2014
Monsters and Medicine is a puzzle game where adaptation is key; players try to build and expand their own hospital while injured monsters are knocking at the door, wanting treatment.
If you like Monsters and Medicine, you should also consider the board game Quarantine from Mercury Games.
Monsters and Medicine is the first commercial game developed by Clockwork Acorn, and is in many ways a learning experience for the company. Monsters and Medicine was initially created during a prototpying phase. During development, new builds were frequently made available to the public to allow for iteration based on player feedback. The latest build can currently be played online here.
- Easy-to-learn but difficult-to-master gameplay.
- Original art style with monsters you’ll learn to love.
- Awesome music to keep you in the zone.
- 100+ hand-crafted replayable levels.
- Unlockable endless mode with randomly generated levels - play forever!
Logo & Icon
- "It's a fun, absorbing experience with a lot of replayability, great music and cuddly visuals."
- Delano, "Monsters & Medicine", NAG Magazine, December 2014
- "Clockwork Acorn bring us Monsters & Medicine, a turn-based strategy title that reminds us that even monsters need a little care and attention sometimes."
- Satori Tindalos, "Review: Monsters & Medicine", JayIsGames, October 2014
- "Beneath its cute graphics and harmless, friendly looking monsters, lurks a game about ruthless efficiency."
- Garth Holden, "Review: Monsters & Medicine – Save the creeps!", SAGamer, October 2014
- "It's a neat little puzzle game that has its own charm."
- Matthew Figueira, "Monsters and Medicine review: cute and puzzling", LazyGamer, October 2014
- "Monsters and Medicine, overall, ends up being a solid, reasonably-scoped offering"
- Rodain Joubert, home_coded - "Of clockwork and medicine", NAG Magazine, August 2014
- "I think overall it's just a really good game as of right now, and I'm excited to see what happens with it."
- IndieGeek, IndieGeek Looks At: Monsters and Medicine (12:04)
- "Monsters and Medicine is fun, it's a nice little game to play on the side."
- SwashbucklingSir, Monsters & Medicine Peek (Sort of Review) (12:30)
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Clockwork Acorn allows for the contents of Monsters and Medicine to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Monsters and Medicine is legally & explicitly allowed by Clockwork Acorn. This permission can be found in writing at http://clockworkacorn.com/press/sheet.php?p=monsters_and_medicine.
You can play the demo online at clockworkacorn.com.
Vote for Monsters and Medicine at steamcommunity.com.
Buy Monsters and Medicine at humblebundle.com.
About Clockwork Acorn
Clockwork Acorn is an interactive software development studio, with experience creating a wide range of user-facing applications, including games, mobile apps, websites and desktop tools.
For our clients, we have built a wide range of solutions, covering games and gameful design, social and sharing economy apps, professional websites, and cutting edge UX R&D.
Internally, we build games for commercial release on mobile and desktop platforms.
We’re very proud that Clockwork Acorn has been bootstrapped and self-funded throughout its lifetime and is still wholly owned by its original founders.
More information on Clockwork Acorn, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Monsters and Medicine Credits
Leon van Niekerk
Business & Development, Clockwork Acorn
Francois van Niekerk
Art & Development, Clockwork Acorn
Art & Development, Clockwork Acorn
Niel de la Rouviere
Francois de la Rouviere
Simon de la Rouviere