Clockwork Acorn is looking for a game design intern to join the team on a part-time basis. You will primarily be using our tools to design and create new content, as well as assist with designing new projects we’re working on. You will work closely with the rest of the team, with the support to learn and grow as a game designer.
One of the projects we will likely want you to work on is Cave Cards (working title). You can get access to the playable prototype here: https://discord.gg/AXHEZBsb5V
What We’re Looking For
- Intern/junior game designer.
- Some experience working on games is required. Game jams are perfect!
- Based in South Africa.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Diverse candidates are especially encouraged to apply!
- Bonus: other useful skills like programming, art, writing, …
What We’re Offering
- Start date: flexible.
- Pay: approximately R5000 – R15000 per month, depending on exp and time.
- Part-time work, either daily or hourly, as it makes sense for your situation.
- Remote work: work from anywhere in South Africa.
- Flexi-hours with no crunch.
- Opportunities to learn and grow as a game designer, on the job.
- Work on interesting new games!
Clockwork Acorn is a growing South African game studio that strives to be a force for good in the world, and we want you to be part of this! Our vision is:
- Timeless games with chunky design
- Systemically interesting and thought-provoking design
- Games that don’t age
- Great place to work
- Fully remote work with flexi-hours
- Safe, anti-racist, feminist, LGBTQ+ friendly space
- Diverse team
- No crunch
- Impactful on the South African game industry and beyond
Send your CV/resume and portfolio to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 13 December. Please highlight anything that makes you a good candidate.