Clockwork Acorn is looking for a South African game artist to join our new growing team. You will create new art for games like the highly successful environmental sim, Terra Nil, and our (unannounced) roguelike deckbuilder, Enter the Titan. You will work closely with the rest of the team, with the support to learn and grow as a game artist. We’re still a small team and there is a wide variety of work, including 2D and 3D, so a generalist with a speciality or two will fit right in.
What we’re looking for
- Game artist excited to join a new growing team.
- Junior to senior (role, responsibilities and pay will be adjusted for experience)
- Some experience working on games is required. Game jams are perfect!
- Candidates with at least 1 year work experience are preferred, but we will consider promising graduates or similar.
- Based in South Africa.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bonuses (not required):
- Experience working with Unity or similar game engines.
- Experience with 2D game art, including illustration and concept art.
- Experience with the 3D game art pipeline: modelling, texturing, rigging, animation.
- Experience with low poly 3D techniques.
- Other useful skills like writing, audio, programming, …
- Diverse candidates are especially encouraged to apply!
What we’re offering
- Start date: as soon as you’re available.
- Pay: R 20 000 – R 60 000 per month, depending on seniority and experience.
- Remote work: work from anywhere in South Africa.
- Flexi-hours with no crunch.
- Opportunities to learn and grow on the job.
- Work on interesting new games!
Clockwork Acorn is a South African game studio that strives to be a force for good in the world, and we want you to be part of this! Our vision is:
- Timeless games with chunky design
- Systemically interesting and thought-provoking design
- Games that don’t age
- Great place to work
- Fully remote work with flexi-hours
- Safe, anti-racist, feminist, LGBTQ+ friendly space
- Diverse team
- No crunch
- Impactful on the South African game industry and beyond
You can learn more about how we like to do things by looking at our team handbook.
Send your CV/resume and portfolio to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, by no later than Sunday, 15 October. Please send links, NOT large attachments. Please highlight anything that makes you a good candidate.